Our staff are committed to bringing "hands on" learning experiences to our provision. We know that children learn best through play with supportive adults playing alongside them; modelling new vocabulary and positive social interactions, extending their learning and being their "play partner".
When children are experiencing some new learning the early years team try their best to "bring it to life" through experiences in the classroom or trips out.
Here is a list of our enriching experiences that have enhanced learning:
- Trips outside of New Leake Primary School - experiencing a train ride, a coach ride, donkey rides, the beach, The Fairy Dell, Lincolnshire life Museum, Lincolnshire Wildlife Park, the theatre to see live performances of our book of the week,The local cinema, local restaurants, Rand Farm Park and local garden centres ,to name a few.
- Trips to explore and learn about our village - the Church and the Park
- stay and play morning for parents and our local church community
- caring for tadpoles
- sharing our gardening with local residents
- visiting theatre workshops
- religious celebrations linked to our church calendar e.g Shrove Tuesday, the birth of Christ, Christingle etc
- Our yearly Nativity
- visits to school from the optician, dental nurse, a police car, a fire engine, a coach, a tractor (old and new) and local visits from our vicar
- Christmas party days
- Easter Egg hunts